Oscar Pet Foods Ltd and its network of Franchisees are committed to protecting your data and privacy.
What is the purpose of this policy?
To describe how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we need
The personal data you provide to Oscar Pet Foods Ltd and its network of Franchisees only relates to basic information about you and does not include any special categories of personal information about you ( known as Special Category Data ). The information collected may include : Name, Address, Telephone / Mobile number, Email address and certain Financial information.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide goods and services to you, to process your orders, to provide you with marketing and to tell you about our products and services, etc. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you.
How we obtain your data
Oscar Pet Foods Ltd and its network of franchisees obtain information about you when you use our website, when you place an order, either directly or through a third party seller ( e.g Amazon ) , when opting in by completing one of our forms either on line or manually, when you use our Helpline Services and other services provided by our network of franchisees.
What we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- To enter into, or perform, a contract with you.
- To comply with a legal duty.
- To protect your vital interests.
- For our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these.
In any event, we’ll only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or for closely related purposes).
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights at all times.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please email the Data Privacy Manager at Oscar Pet Foods Ltd at Oscar Pet Foods Ltd email@example.com Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
Where we keep it
We are based in the UK and we store our data within the EU.
How long we keep it
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your e-mails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be e-mailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary.
Do we pass on or sell personal data?
We do not pass on or sell personal data to third parties. Your personal data is only used by Oscar Pet Foods Ltd and its network of franchisees.
Do we store credit / debit card details?
We do not store credit or debit card details, all of our card transactions go through a third party payment processor who ensure that your data is kept securely. Our systems conform to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ( PCI DSS ).
Are there any age restrictions?
If you are 16 or under , please get your parent / guardians permission before providing any personal information. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
What are your rights?
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- The right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request).
- The right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason).
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified.
- The right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you wish to contact us in respect of your rights or to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please email the Data Privacy Manager at Oscar Pet Foods Ltd who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
This policy is kept under review and will be updated as and when necessary.